my intention is to provide all my clients with support, accurate information, and tools for self-discovery so that they can make decisions for themselves, according to their personal circumstances
I encourage all clients to explore pregnancy, birth and parenting options fully and make the choices that are best for them according to their own needs and circumstances, in partnership with their medical care providers where appropriate.
- listen to your concerns and challenges without judgement
- help you to find information on your rights
- introduce you to non-medical tools that may enhance your experience of pregnancy, labour and parenthood
- share with you up-to-date, evidenced-based sources of information on topics of interest to you
- support you in advocating on your own behalf so that you have the time and information you need to make a informed decision about any issues you face
- refer you to other appropriate sources of support as indicated according to your circumstances
- remain with you to support you throughout your labour and birth, wherever it takes you, until you are settled with your baby after the birth
- diagnose or offer medical advice
- make medical decisions for you
- communicate a medical decision on your behalf to your care provider
- guarantee that your labour or birth will go according to plan
I encourage you to bring any medical concerns to your care provider – or, if necessary, to seek a second opinion from another qualified medical professional.